POWERED TOW BODY
(Design Available for Licensing)
Powered Tow Body (PTB) is a towed UUV with propulsion applied from both the towing craft and the on-board UUV’s propulsion.
By varying the UUV thrust, a loop is formed in the cable, which reduces tow craft-induced motions by 80%.
- Permits Synthetic Aperture Sonar (SAS) operation in sea state from an 11 meter RHIB
- Power sharing with the host vehicle increases mission endurance significantly
- Provides increased power for payloads
- Relays real-time data back to host ship
- Provides the ability to position the vehicle relative to the ship
12.75" PTB for USV Applications
The 12.75" PTB was designed as a USV payload for unmanned MCM missions where Sea State would limit the effectiveness of Synthetic Aperture Sonar.
Diameter – 12.75"
Length – 87" - 140"
Weight in Air – Varies per configuration
Operating Depth – 1000 ft
Max Speed – 5 knots, PTB mode with power cable on VCT boat
Energy – Optional battery pack
Navigation – Optional Harborscan Package (GPS, Teledyne DVL, Kearfott INS)
Tracking – USBL, Emergency pinger
Communications – Tethered, optional Harborscan Package (Wifi, Iridium, Acoustic Modem)
Contact us with your requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-620-0703.